Haymaker Acquisition Corp. II
Management Team & Board of Directors
Haymaker management is a uniquely qualified team boasting C-suite operational experience at Fortune 500 companies and deep knowledge in both public and private equity investing. Haymaker executives have experience in public and private equity as well as operations and strategy, making them an ideal manager and sponsor for a new public company. Haymaker executives have experience in consumer / retail private equity as well as operations and strategy, making them an ideal manager and sponsor for a new public company.
Steven J. Heyer
CEO and Executive Chairman
- 40+ years’ experience as an operator and investor
- Chairman and CEO of Haymaker Acquisition Corp.
- Lead Director of OneSpaWorld Holdings Ltd.
- President and COO of The Coca-Cola Company
- CEO of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
- President and COO of Turner Broadcasting System
- Member of AOL Time Warner’s Operating Committee
- Led turnaround of Outback Steakhouse (Bain Capital and Catterton Partners)
- President and COO of Young & Rubicam Advertising
- Senior VP & Managing Partner at Booz Allen Hamilton
- SPAC experience: Chairman and CEO of Haymaker Acquisition Corp. I, a $330 million SPAC which successfully completed a business combination with OneSpaWorld Holdings Ltd.
- Prior and current public company board experience: Lead Director of OneSpaWorld Holdings Ltd., Lazard Group, WPP Group, Equifax, Internet Security Systems, Omnicare, Coca-Cola Enterprises and Coca-Cola FEMSA
- Private company board experience: Atkins Nutritionals (Roark Capital) and Vitrue (General Catalyst)
- Non-profit involvement: NCAA, Special Olympics, Woodruff Arts Center, Atlanta History Center, Emory University, NY Philharmonic Orchestra, Reading Is Fundamental (RIF) and Piedmont Hospital
Andrew R. Heyer
President and Director
- 40+ years’ experience investing, with over $2bn of capital deployed
- President of Haymaker Acquisition Corp.
- CEO and Founder of Mistral Equity Partners
- Founding Managing Partner of Trimaran Capital Partners
- Vice Chairman of CIBC World Markets Corp.
- Co-Head of the CIBC Argosy Merchant Banking Funds
- Founder and Managing Director of The Argosy Group
- Partner at Drexel Burnham Lambert Incorporated
- Senior Executive at Shearson/American Express
- SPAC experience: President of Haymaker Acquisition Corp. I, a $330 million SPAC which successfully completed a business combination with OneSpaWorld Holdings Ltd.
- Prior and current public company board experience: Director of OneSpaWorld Holdings Ltd., The Lovesac Company, Jamba, Inc., The Hain Celestial Group (Lead Director), Las Vegas Sands, Reddy Ice and El Pollo Loco
- Private company board experience: Worldwise and Shearer’s
- Non-profit involvement: Board of Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania and Chairman of the University of Pennsylvania Health System
Chief Financial Officer
- 20+ years’ in private equity, investment banking and strategy consulting
- Currently serves as Managing Director at Mistral Equity Partners
- Experience originating, structuring and executing merger & acquisition candidates
- Investment Banker at Banc of America Securities
- Manager in Burger King’s strategy group
- Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers management consulting
- SPAC experience: Chief Financial Officer of Haymaker Acquisition Corp. I, a $330 million SPAC which successfully completed a business combination with OneSpaWorld Holdings Ltd.
- Board experience includes: Haymaker I, Creminelli Fine Meats, The Beacon Consumer Incubator Fund, The Lovesac Company, Country Pure Foods and Jamba, Inc.
Joseph M. Tonnos
Senior Vice President
- 9+ years’ in private equity, investment banking and capital markets trading
- Currently serves as Vice President of Mistral Equity Partners
- Experience in capital raising and mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts and capital structure alternatives
- Investment banker at Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Lazard
- Foreign Exchange Trader at CIBC Capital Markets
- SPAC experience: Senior Vice President of Haymaker Acquisition Corp. I, a $330 million SPAC which successfully completed a business combination with OneSpaWorld Holdings Ltd.
- Board experience includes: Haymaker I, The Lovesac Company, Worldwise and B’more Organic
Walter F. McLallen
- Extensive consumer, operational and board experience, as well as his background in finance
- Co-founder of Remington, an outdoor consumer platform he co-founded helped grow from $60 million of revenue to over $1 billion from 2006 through 2015
- Founder of Tomahawk Strategic Solutions
- Managing Member of Meritage Capital Advisors
- Managing Director of CIBC (and Founding Member of The Argosy Group before it was acquired)
- M&A Banker at Drexel Burnham Lambert
- Board experience includes: OneSpaWorld, Haymaker I, The Lovesac Company, Centric Brands, Timeless Wine Company, Silver Oak, Twomey and OVID, Worldwise, Marketplace, Worldwise, Dutchland Plastics and Genus Oncology
Michael J. Dolan
- Extensive leadership, finance, branding, strategic marketing and operations experience
- CEO of Bacardi Limited
- Chairman and CEO of IMG Worldwide; prior roles included President, COO, CFO and Executive Vice President
- Executive Vice President and CFO of Viacom
- Chairman and CEO of Young & Rubicam (prior roles included Vice Chairman, COO and CFO)
- Partner at Booz Allen & Hamilton
- Senior Advisor to KKR
- Board experience includes: OneSpaWorld, Mattel, IMG Worldwide, Viacom and Young & Rubicam
Stephen W. Powell
- Experience with corporate governance, finance and operations as a director, advisor, manager and investor
- Invests in and advises private growth companies with a focus on consumer health and wellness, fitness, nutrition, personal care services and consumer technology sectors
- Managing Director of Prospect Capital
- Senior Advisor to Roark Capital and L Catterton
- Head of Consumer investment banking at RBC Capital Markets
- Investment banker at Prudential Securities, Wheat First Securities, L.F. Rothschild and Merrill Lynch Capital Markets
- Board experience includes: OneSpaWorld, Fusionetics, Massage Envy, Atkins Nutritionals, Strivectin Skincare and Cover FX Cosmetics